[Gambas-user] create container with multiple objects on a straight horizontal line

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Fri Aug 8 01:01:30 CEST 2008

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 12:56:46 am M0E Lnx wrote:
> Hello all, This is what I'm trying to do

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding you, it should be straightforward using a
horizontal box container. You can nest set expand properties on each control
if you want one to stay fixed size and the one next to it to expand. You can
nest horizontal boxes, so that you could put several controls onto a nested
hbox to have their own subset of expansion.

I've quickly knocked this up as an example. If I'm totally wide of the mark
then the example will be useful to total newbies struggling with expansion
properties anyway.

Personally I've found gambas brilliant for gui design and resizing - just
about anything seems possible limited only by your imagination.

Regards

Richard