[Gambas-user] How To get EXIFtoll in a gambas2 object or array?

Nisse Nordlund nisse.ngn at ...626...
Tue Apr 29 11:26:08 CEST 2008

Hi, me again :)

still a newbee, in gambas2.

I have now write code so i can get EXIF info from my JPG-files (sample):
SHELL "exiftool -b -ImageDescription [/filepath/file.JPG]" TO textvariable
(The parameter '-b' means that I only get binary data. Just the EXIF value.)

This is repeated 10 times. One for each EXIF value, I want.
Which is:
ImageDescription
DateTimeOriginal
Flash
FocalLength
FocalLengthIn35mmFormat
ISO
ExposureTime
FNumber
Make
Model

I suspect that this can be rapid up.

I know I can use this EXIFtool command, with SHELL:
'SHELL "exiftool -b -ImageDescription -DateTimeOriginal -Flash
-FocalLength -FocalLengthIn35mmFormat -ISO -ExposureTime -FNumber -Make
-Model [/filepath/file.JPG]" TO textvariable'

This result in one text line (sample): 'SONY DSC
2008:04:23 11:36:22241802701000.0031256.3SONY           DSLR-A100'

Of course I want this split up, in an array or in an defined object

Is there any command I miss in EXIFtool?
(I hawe search around a lot on internet...)

How do I solve this in gambas2?

Regards

N-G Nordlund