[Gambas-user] Embedding Firefox... some problems

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Apr 28 04:52:27 CEST 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 18:34, Lee McPherson wrote:
> The main one is that I can't place a cursor into a textbox within
> firefox after it has been embedded.  It will show up fine and I can
> click on the links, but I can't place a cursor to type.

Firefox runs in its own process, and merely displaying its window
inside a Gambas app using the embedder doesn't give you access to its
object model, event loop or any of that stuff.  If you have control
over the web page that's being displayed, you can use Javascript to
place the cursor.  Alternatively, you could install the Greasemonkey
extension and write a user script to do whatever you want with the
focus.

You may be able to use the Mozilla remote control mechanism
(mozilla-firefox -remote 'openURL(javascript:...)') to run some
Javascript against the currently loaded page a la bookmarklets, but
I've never tried that with a javascript: URL.

Otherwise, I guess you could try Desktop.SendKeys if you're using a
recent enough Gambas version.

Rob