[Gambas-user] clipboard.copy problem

Nisse Nordlund nisse.ngn at ...626...
Sat Apr 26 17:18:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm new, in gambas and in Linux ubuntu 7.10. And I'm Swedish

I post the follow in the forum.stormweb.nu. Topic: Gambas Community >
Gambas > General:
"Subject: *clipboard.copy problem*
Topic: Hi,

I'm a swedish 'old' man, 3/4 of my life I have progamming in VB6. Very nice.

Now I'm new in gamba looks well, but. There is some thing that confuce me.

In my project I have a TextBox that contains Swedish (åäöÅÄÖ).

This line: clipboard.copy(TextBox.text)
goes well (No errors).
But, when I paste it into a text document i lost the (åäöÅÄÖ)

If I from the TextBox, in the run program, select the text '(åäöÅÄÖ)'
and Ctr+C (copy) and den paste it in to a text document I get my (åäöÅÄÖ)

I'm read that I can set MIME type format for that Clipboard.copy. I try
some. But...

Can any explain this odd (in compare with VB6 in Windows, their this is
no problem) behavior. Please!

I use ubuntu 7.10

Not: I find a workaround: Clipboard.copy(Conv(TextBox.Text, "utf-8",
"Latin1"))
        But it is not the right way..."

*And I get a reply, from formu user timothy*:
"This appears to be a bug with Gambas. IMHO.

It might be a good idea to report this on Gambas mailing list. You can
sign up for this at
*https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gambas-user* and this page
also provides a link where you can view the mailing list archives."

I'm now do that. Send a report.

Regards!

N-G Nordlund