[Gambas-user] Re-arranging elements in IDE

Sat Apr 26 12:34:22 CEST 2008

Benoit Minisini schrieb:
> On vendredi 25 avril 2008, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>> I'm just taking up regular work with Gambas 2 and this is my first
>> question:
>>
>> In the IDE, is it possible to re-arrange elements such as placing the
>> tool collection on the left and the tree on the right etc.?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Rolf
>>

> What sort of layouts do you need?

Oh, it's just that from Gambas1 I'm used to having the "Tools" palette
on left, the tree with modules etc. on the right (top) and the
"Properties" window beneath that. That was more practical for me, as I do

- rarely need the direct window open
- have not so long trees in most of my projects
- like to have all tools visible at a time
- like to have all properties visible at a time

A fixed MDI system just confines me too much, I simply don't like that.
But we had this discussion when you started work on Gambas2, and I feel
I'm alone here, so maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it and
learn the advantages :-)

Regards

Rolf