[Gambas-user] Image Fading with gb.image

Werner wdahn at ...1000...
Wed Apr 23 17:39:15 CEST 2008

Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On mercredi 23 avril 2008, Benoit Minisini wrote:
>
>> On mercredi 23 avril 2008, Werner wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to gradually fade an image. It does work, however there are
>>> apparently random artifacts (horizontal white stripes) which spoil the
>>> effect.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to avoid these artifacts?
>>>
>>> Using gambas 2.4.1 on opensuse 10.3 on 2 different computers.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Werner Dahn
>>>
>> You see the background of the PictureBox being drawn before the picture is
>> refreshed. Don't use a PictureBox to display your image, use a DrawingArea
>> instead.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> I have successfully fixed the PictureBox control so that it does not flicker
> anymore, so you will be able to keep it in the next version!
>
> Regards,

I have converted the demo from picturebox to drawingarea and it's
MAGNIFIQUE! Then I applied this to the much bigger picture I need this
for and it's still perfect (the cpu starts to sweat but that's OK).

I'll use the picturebox once it gets backported to 2.x

Merci beaucoup Benoit. You have made my day :-)

Werner