[Gambas-user] Major project wipeout (2.99 build 1326)

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Sun Apr 20 09:02:54 CEST 2008

Not sure where to begin with this one but my extensive project is in tatters
and nothing will run.

Started with the error showing in the attachment, when I'd copied an existing
workspace on one form and pasted it onto a blank new form and run the new
form.

When I re-loaded the project, the subdirectory with all the forms in it was
missing from the project (not the disk), so I got my backup tar file and
copied that back in > same result. (the actually directory is still on the
hard drive).

Still  nothing would run.  Any form which contains a reference to another
form, comes up saying this:

'Unknown symbol <whatever i'm addressing> in class (whatever form the object
is on'. If I have a look at the form I'm referencing, the control is
definately on the form with the correct name.

I then created a blank project and manually copied all the data over, appears
in the project ok, but still won't run.

Any file not dependant on importing another form will run

I'd appreciate some advice how to track this down.

So far I have.

Removed latest version.

Downgraded to 1316 which was working fine.

I can't zip and post the project now as the it is so hooked into my postgres
database which is around 80MB in size, and I've many many dozens of forms,
modules and classes.

What should I do, Panic???

Regards

Richard