[Gambas-user] DirView Control Help

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Mon Apr 14 00:14:20 CEST 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 04:39:07 am Demosthenes Koptsis wrote:
> Hi to all.
>
> I have a DirView control. By default the control lists the contents of
> /home/user directory when it is created.

You can also fill the root property in in the control IDE if you want;

> I changed the Root directory but the /home/usr contents are still
> listed when the program runs.

If you set the root property which I assume you have, it should work ie:
eg in Form_Open() put

Filechooser1.root = "/the/directory/I/want/to/start/in"

If your problem is somewhat more esoteric post the project tar.gz file.

Not sure how experienced you are with gambas, but if you are stuck for not
knowing how to set something, note that the properties in the IDE  for that
control can by and large by  addressed as such in code ie

control.property =

Also browing the help will give you the properties/methods, but unfortunately
usually no examples.

Richard