[Gambas-user] directory structure development environment

Steven Lobbezoo steven at ...1652...
Wed Apr 16 12:59:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

Probably a stupid question ;-) , but anyway :

In my application i have more and more sub programs that do some tasks
in the back-ground. These programs are developed each in it's own
directory (as I understood it, it's not possible otherwise). All of them
have some common routines like opening and accessing a database,
printing, accessing openoffice files, etc.

Now, I can, of course, put those routines in a class or module, and each
time copie these to the current directory. However, thats a lot of work,
since each time i change something in them, i have to apply these
changes to all directories.

Is there now way (apart from making a component) to have some 'central'
derectory where one could puut these modules/classes and them include
them into a program (like with javascript include statement).

That would really be a lot of help in the development. Or maybe to make
a component that does NOT integrate into the gambas source tree ?

Thanks in advance,
Steven