[Gambas-user] Getting wrong text item from listtview

skaggs jbskaggs at ...1871...
Sun Apr 6 22:59:43 CEST 2008

Okay its a bit long but:

here we click listview1 to pick the chapter we work on:

PUBLIC SUB ListView1_Click()
DIM thislist AS String
  DIM elt AS String[]
  DIM sb AS String
  DIM c AS Integer
DIM t AS String
DIM cwc AS Integer
DIM twc AS Integer
DIM v AS Integer
DIM z AS Integer

'listview1.MoveTo(z)
IF listview1.count > 0
  ListView1.MoveCurrent
 cwc = 0
 txChWordCount.text = 0
  TextArea3.Text = ""
  TextArea3.hide
 IF Exist(PrThing.projectpath &/ listview1.Item.Text & "scenelist")

    thislist = Left$(file.Load(PrThing.projectpath &/
listview1.Item.Text & "scenelist"), -1)
    'print thislist
    elt = Split(thislist, "^")
    listview2.Clear
  FOR EACH sb IN elt
  c += 1
  listview2.Add(c, sb)
  t = file.Load(PrThing.projectpath &/ listview1.Item.Text & sb)
  cwc += Round(Len(t) / 6) - 1
txChWordCount.Text = cwc
  NEXT
END IF
  TextLabel7.Hide
  moviebox1.Hide
  TextBox6.Hide
  Button1.Hide
  Button2.Hide

  Textbox7.text = 0

ENDIF

END

then we click listview2 to pick the scene we are working on:

PUBLIC SUB listview2_Click()
DIM t1 AS String
DIM elt AS String[]
DIM sb AS String
DIM c AS Integer
DIM thislist AS String
IF ListView2.count < 1
'ListView1.MoveCurrent
textbox6.Clear
message.Error("You have not added any scenes yet. Right Click on
chapters to add a scene.")
RETURN
ENDIF
t1 = "empty"
elt = ""
sb = ""
c = 0
textbox6.Clear
TextArea3.Text = t1
TextArea3.Hide
moviebox1.hide
message.Info(PrThing.projectpath &/ listview1.Item.Text &
listview2.Item.Text)
IF Exist(PrThing.projectpath &/ listview1.Item.Text &
listview2.Item.Text)
t1 = file.Load(PrThing.projectpath &/ listview1.Item.Text &
listview2.Item.Text)
textarea3.show
END IF
TextArea3.Text = t1
  TextLabel7.Show

  TextBox6.Show
  Button1.Show
  Button2.Show
 moviebox1.Refresh

IF Exist(PrThing.projectpath &/ "characters/characterlist.txt") = TRUE
 IF Exist(PrThing.projectpath &/ "characters/" & listview1.Item.text &
Listview2.Item.text & "char.txt") = TRUE

textbox6.text = file.load(PrThing.projectpath &/ "characters/" &
listview1.Item.text & Listview2.Item.text & "char.txt")
ELSE

RETURN
  ENDIF

  IF Exist(PrThing.projectpath &/ "characters/" & TextBox6.Text &
".txt") = TRUE
    thislist = file.Load(PrThing.projectpath &/ "characters/" &
TextBox6.text & ".txt")
    elt = Split(thislist, "^")
    ListView3.Clear

  FOR EACH sb IN elt
  c += 1
  IF c = 8 THEN gifpic = sb
  NEXT

ENDIF

IF Exist(gifpic) = TRUE
moviebox1.Path = (gifpic)

moviebox1.Show

moviebox1.playing = TRUE

ELSE

MovieBox1.hide

ENDIF
ELSE
IF Exist(PrThing.projectpath &/ "characters/" & listview1.Item.text &
Listview2.Item.text & "char.txt")

KILL PrThing.projectpath &/ "characters/" & listview1.Item.text &
Listview2.Item.text & "char.txt"
MovieBox1.hide
ENDIF
ENDIF
textbox7.text = Round(Len(t1) / 6) - 1
END

Okay then we right click to access menu

PUBLIC SUB listview2_Menu()

IF listview2.count > 0
  text.Popup
  ELSE
  message.Info("NO scenes exist! Right click on a chapter to add a
Scene.")
ENDIF
END

then we click on edit scene text to edit file

PUBLIC SUB text_edit_Click()
DIM t1 AS String
textpath = ""
textfile = ""
t1 = ""
TextArea3.Text = t1
'ListView1.MoveCurrent
'ListView2.Item.Selected = TRUE
IF Exist(PrThing.projectpath &/ listview1.Item.Text &
listview2.Item.Text) = TRUE
textfile = file.Load(PrThing.projectpath &/ listview1.Item.Text &
listview2.Item.Text)
END IF
textpath = PrThing.projectpath &/ listview1.Item.Text &
listview2.Item.Text
FScnTextEditor.Show

END

every whereelse on this chain listview1.item.text is the correct
chapter- then when this last stage is clicked it always points to
chapter 1 (or the firstitem in listview1)

JB Skaggs