[Gambas-user] Trunk and Ubuntu 8.04

R. Stormo rohnny at ...1248...
Thu Apr 3 06:13:31 CEST 2008

Epíleg wrote:

> En/na R. Stormo ha escrit:
>> I have installed Ubuntu Beta 8.04 and tried to compile gambas3 rev. 1282.
>> Everything are ok until I try to start it.
>>
>> --snip
>> gbr3: error while loading shared libraries: libgettextlib-0.16.1.so:
>> cannot
>> open shared object file: No such file or directory
>> --snap
>>
>> Is there something Ubuntu is missing or is it something that are missing
>> in
>> the compilation?
>>

>> Regards Rohnny
>>
>> My Gambas Community http://gambasforum.tk
>
> Hi,
>
> Intall "gettext" package.
>
> regards,
> Epíleg.

I have that package. The problem is the version. 0.17-2Ubuntu1
locate libgettextlib-0
/usr/lib/libgettextlib-0.17.so
I tried to make a link but that would not work.
rohnny at ...1880...:~/gambas3$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libgettextlib-0.17.so
/usr/lib/libgettextlib-0.16.1.so
rohnny at ...1880...:~/gambas3$ gambas3
Segmentation fault (core dumped)