[Gambas-user] How to show which controls are on top

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Wed Apr 2 23:12:41 CEST 2008

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 06:43:23 am jbskaggs wrote:
> I am confused by something.
>
> I wish to show a panel that has two buttons and textbox.  But I am not
> grasping how to attach the textbox, etc to the panel. COuld someone give me
> an example?
>
> JB Skaggs

1) Do it in the design editor and you'll have no probems.
2) If you really want to do it in code, you must attatch the new object to a
parent control

eg
 Dim aTextbox as Textbox
 Dim aPanel as Panel

public sub Create_My_Controls()

        aPanel = new Panel(ME)              'stick panel to a form
	aTextbox = new textbox(aPanel)  'stick textbox to a panel
End

see attatched project.