[Gambas-user] gambas2-gb-pdf and libpoppler1 issue

Che Guebeara cheguebeara at ...626...
Tue Apr 1 00:10:19 CEST 2008

*sigh*

What I really needed...

Well, let's see...

Back when I STARTED using Linux... about Slackware 1.1 or was it 1.2 in
the EARLY 90's... we compiled the kernels by hand...

Enough of a story... or perhaps you would like me to tell you war
stories about hand writing and compiling a connection layer between my
HP9000 (HP-Ux 9.x) box and a Windows 3.x network...??

What I wanted was some sort of clarification about the libpoppler1 vs.
libpoppler2 crap and how it affects the pdf / gtk.ext part of the
install so that I would not have to hack Gambas2 or my Update manager...

Then again maybe I should just go back to how I did it on mainframes in
the 70's???

Geez... I don't need a song and dance about why your distro is better
than my distro...

Mark