[Gambas-user] Release of gambas 1.9.51

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Sep 19 18:59:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

Here is a new snapshot of the development version, released as the 1.9.51
version.

The database component is now case sensitive, and so some applications may
break, as Wellington de Suza Pinto has noticed.

I plan to make the Result array operator case unsensitive, but I didn't have
the time to do it for this release.

The gb.qt and gb.gtk now share more code, especially the drawing routines that
were moved to a dedicated common component. The features that cannot be
common are put in the gb.qt.ext and gb.gtk.ext extension components.

As the drawing routines were put in common, some features were lost:
* The ability to have a rotated transformation matrix with Draw.Rotate().
* The ability to draw rounded rectangles with Draw.RoundRect().

But you gained the ability to draw rich text, with Draw.RichText. Rich text is
a subset of HTML, like what you can put in a TextLabel.

The development environment menus were lightly reorganized. The IDE project
property component list and the debugging windows were redesigned.

There is a new catalan translation, made by Jordi Sayol. Not that Jordi did
not translated the IDE and the database manager only, but all the examples!

And you will find a new experimental component made by Fabien Bodard,
gb.chart, that draws... charts.

There are anyway tons of bugfixes. See the ChangeLog for the details, at
http://gambas.sourceforge.net/changelog2.html.

Benoit Minisini