[Gambas-user] gambas2 on debian etch

Daniel Campos dcamposf at ...626...
Mon Sep 10 13:03:34 CEST 2007

You can try to compile and install the Debian Packages (the same for
any other Debian or Ubuntu based distribution):

0) Install an initial sane compilation environment:

apt-get install gcc cpp g++ automake1.9 autoconf libltdl3-dev libtool
devscripts fakeroot lintian debhelper

1) download the following files in an empty folder:

http://azores.linex.org/debian/dists/sarge/gambas/source/gambas2_1.9.50.orig.tar.gz
http://azores.linex.org/debian/dists/sarge/gambas/source/gambas2_1.9.50-1~linex2.dsc
http://azores.linex.org/debian/dists/sarge/gambas/source/gambas2_1.9.50.orig.tar.gz

2) Extract them:

dpkg-source -x gambas2_1.9.50-1~linex2.dsc

3) Enter in the generated folder (something like gambas2....), and
execute "dpkg-checkbuilddeps"

It will provide a list of dependencies not found in your system.
Install them with apt-get

4) Execute "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot". It will compile the program
and generate the ".deb" packages for your system

5) Install them: "dpkg -i *deb" (if something is not available, it
will return an error. Just check it and install with "apt-get".
Sometimes doing "apt-get -f install" will solve all the errors
automatically)

Daniel