[Gambas-user] Error on installing last svn

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sat Sep 8 21:39:29 CEST 2007

On Saturday 08 September 2007 20:06, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On samedi 08 septembre 2007, ron wrote:
> > same as:
> > [Gambas-user] svn 552 , can't install (R.Stormo)
> > Benoit did ask for some debug and other info.
> > I have the same error with svn 556 and reported this.
> > Included strace part of the gbi2 process.
> >
> > The strange thing to me is using 'gbi2 -p' do:
> > gb.qt.kde.html
> > gb.debug
> > gb.qt.ext
> > gb.qt.opengl
> > gb.qt
> > Segmentation fault
> >
> > And 'gbi2 -p gb.qt.kde.html' gives it in gb.qt.kde.html which passed first.
> > :(
> >
> > Ron
> >

> Do you both use the same distribution?

Kubuntu 6.10

Regarding KDE which libs/includes should be there?

I will do check all *.h files in the gambas source for used includes of *.h files
to check they exists in the /usr/include path. (special the kde related)
Maybe a file in the -dev package has a different name in (k)ubuntu.

However this look to me not a reason for 'Segmentation fault'.
I understand here is something going wrong with allocated memory.
Second,  if the includes of *.h where the fault should it not reported during 'make'?
Third, it occurs during make install so all  compiling should already be done.
Fourt, it occurs with gbi2

I had this same error in the past with SuSE also and it was a error during read
of a file for the info to gather.
I do not remember how it was solved by me other then correcting something with
the file open/read in  gbi code to prevent fatal crash abort.
This was reported at that time and never heard something.

autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.60

automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6