[Gambas-user] mailing lists to forum topics

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Sep 4 03:31:46 CEST 2007

Hi, Gareth.  I realize you want to make your forum appear vital so
that it'll draw new users in.  So far, though, by copying all the
mailing lists posts to new forum topics, all you've done is make sure
that those of us already on the mailing list who were keeping track
of the forum via RSS will no longer do so.

I think that there's a reason none of the 3 or 4 prior Gambas forums
has ever gotten critical mass, though linuxbasic.net still gets fairly
regular traffic.  But creating this sort of gateway will only serve
to alienate those of us who might have helped the kind of new users
who are unwilling to use a mailing list for whatever reason.  Let
them remain separate and the forum will live or die on its own merit.

Rob