[Gambas-user] Calling library functions in Gambas2

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sun Sep 2 16:56:54 CEST 2007

On Friday 31 August 2007 18:57, easuter wrote:

> Rolf Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > Hello easuter:
> >
> >> Ron: unfortunately, fdisk returns the filesystem type (ID), not the
> >> filesystem name. It will identify both reiserfs and ext3 simply as
> >> "Linux",
> >> thats why its not very useful.
> >
> > Try "df -T" to see all mounted partitions an the filesystem they use.
> >
> > Greetings
> > Rolf
> >

> Hi Rolf,
>
> I am considering df as a last resort, because of the fact that all the
> partitions need to be mounted. I'm busy (and so several other VectorLinux
> developers) working on what will become the graphical installer for
> VectorLinux. So I'd rather not have to mount all the partitions to get data
> from them (could also be slow if there are lots of partitions to be
> mounted).
>
> Right now I'm still trying to get Gambas 1.9.50 to build properly, so I'll
> report back on any progress later on.
>
> Thanks again for the replies!

I did check 'sfdisk -l -x' (lowercase L) and it reports the ID and Name of the filesystem.
Using 'sfdisk -T' you get a list of all known filesystems for sfdisk.

Some different ID do have the same Name so the only safe identification is _the_ ID.
I do recommend this if you want additional information.
Found ATM that one of my disk had a possible bad partition table, misleading CHS.

Disk /dev/hdb: 158816 cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors/track
Warning: The partition table looks like it was made
  for C/H/S=*/255/63 (instead of 158816/16/63).
For this listing I'll assume that geometry.
Units = cylinders of 8225280 bytes, blocks of 1024 bytes, counting from 0

Greetings,

Ron