[Gambas-user] Bug in the IDE editor

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Mon Oct 29 23:08:05 CET 2007

I think there is a bug in IDE editor of the last version of Gambas 1.9.90.

Let me explain....
I worked a program that manipolates tables from an SQLite3 database and
assign their values at some strings contained in a module...
This is a part of the code:

[...]
StampeAuto.Targa.Add(Risultato!Targa)
StampeAuto.Veicolo.Add(Risultato!Veicolo)
StampeAuto.Chiave.Add(Risultato!Chiave)
StampeAuto.Posto.Add(Risultato!Posto)
StampeAuto.Piano.Add(Risultato!Piano)
[...]

The problem is that the first letter of the names of the tables in the
database are in lower case and the first letter of the names of the
strings contained in the module StampeAuto are in upper case instead.
So, what happens? Gambas (as you can see in the example) set all the
name of the tables after Risultato! in Upper case because it thinks that
those names are the same variables of the name of the properties of the
module... and the program doesn't work because it doesn't find nothing
in the database (Linux discriminates from lower and upper case).
If I set those names in lower case than Gambas set in lower case the
name of the tables too and the program works, i.e.:

StampeAuto.targa.Add(Risultato!targa)

--
Ciao.
Leo.

Web: www.leonardomiliani.com
E-mail: leonardo at ...1237...
Scegli software opensource - Choose opensource software