[Gambas-user] How do I manipulate binary files?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Oct 29 16:46:56 CET 2007

On Monday 29 October 2007 10:14, Fredrik Hansson wrote:
> I would like to write chars (bytes) directly into an OpenOffice
> file. The file is a document, a template, and at specific places I

OpenOffice files are actually ZIP files (more specifically, JAR files,
meaning a ZIP file with a particular directory layout and a manifest)
containing a bunch of XML files.  I'm actually about a third of the
way to a working gb.zip component (using libzip) which I'm writing
just for this purpose.  But I imagine the XML stuff will be the hard
part.

In the meantime, temporary directories are your best option.

Rob