[Gambas-user] Problems with some events

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Oct 28 16:05:35 CET 2007

On vendredi 26 octobre 2007, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> 2007/10/26, Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:
> > On vendredi 26 octobre 2007, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> > > Tested with versions 1.9.50 & 1.9.90 in Debian, with object FileView
> >
> > using
> >
> > > form component:
> > > - with gb.gtk component, click event doesn't raise
> > > - with gb.qt component, drop event doesn't raise
> > >
> > > Regards.
> > > José L.
> >
> > Please can you provide me more details, and especially a little project
> > example that shows the problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Sure, but it's quite simple, started a new project with only one form and a
> FileView object, and try to catch these events with breakpoints. Switch
> from qt to gtk components to check which are working.
> Attached is the example I used.
>
> Regards.

Apparently, GTK+ has no equivalent for Click event in IconView. I found a
workaround, and you have the fix in the last revision.

As for the Drop event, it should not raise in gb.gtk actually. For the same
reason as Double click event should not raise too: FileView is not a real
control, it is a container that embeds other controls.

The DblClick, Drop, and other control events of FileView are for the
container, not for the inner control. So you should not able to get them, as
the inner controls recover the container completely.

Benoit Minisini