[Gambas-user] Ubunt 7.10 and Gambas appearence

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Sat Oct 27 12:01:04 CEST 2007

Leonardo Miliani ha scritto:
> Some days ago I installed Ubuntu 7.10 on my laptop and tried to compile
> Gambas on it.
> When I ran Gambas IDE I got an horrible window with a very bad look...
> So I tried to open a project of mine and I got Gambas that seems to use
> KDE2!!! Windows decorations are terrific and all the applications have
> this look&feel.
> I tried to modify the look of the KDE applications with kcontrol (the
> panel control of KDE) but I didn't solve nothing....
> Strange, because on previous Ubuntu 7.04 all things worked fine with
> this method.
> Any suggestions? Does anybody use Ubuntu 7.10 without problems?

I've found the solution by myself! It's easy.

Let me explain....
In Ubuntu 7.04 you had just to install the kcontrol package with
Symaptic or apt-get (and all its dependencies), open it via console, set
the preferencies, close it and launch any KDE/Qt application that you would.

But in Ubuntu 7.10 (I don't know if it depends from the fact that it has
KDE 3.5.8 instead of 3.5.7 that is present in Ubuntu 7.04 or maybe for
other factors) this is not enough. You have to install the
kde-systemsettings too (and all the dependencies, of course).
Then after the installation, open a terminal and launch kcontrol first
(set here all your preferencies) and then also launch systemsettings and
set the same preferencies another time!
Only doing these 2 steps your KDE/Qt applications will look as you
decided. If you try only with kcontrol or systemsetting, you won't have
the preferencies saved in your system.

I hope that this will be useful for other Ubuntu users.
;-)

--
Ciao.
Leo.

Web: www.leonardomiliani.com
E-mail: leonardo at ...1237...
Scegli software opensource - Choose opensource software