[Gambas-user] Re; Blob database object and SVN

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Oct 22 11:33:11 CEST 2007

On lundi 22 octobre 2007, Gareth Bult wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm still treading water as a result of issue # 28.
> http://gambasrad.org/bugtrak/gambas-bug-tracker/28
>
> This is repeatable in all of my pre-existing Database applications.
> Blob object read in as NULL variables, i.e. BLOB's don't work anymore.
> (MySQL driver, SVN)
>
> It broke ~ 24th Sep or just before .. I've just been through a sample now
> and checked it again in detail .. Don't know if it's related but the
> picture database doesn't work either .. (produces an empty window with a
> splitter in it)
>
> My Sample;
>
> resultSet = $remote.Exec("SELECT id,stamp,image FROM camera_&1 WHERE
> id=&2", $number, $slider.Value)
>
> Sample;
> resultSet.Count = 1
> resultSet!id = 12721535
> resultSet!stamp = "2007-10-22 09:59:47"
> resultSet!image = NULL
>
> When I look at the DB;
> mysql> select id,stamp,length(image) from camera_1 where id = "12721535";
> +----------+---------------------+---------------+
>
> | id | stamp | length(image) |
>
> +----------+---------------------+---------------+
>
> | 12721535 | 2007-10-22 09:59:47 | 15031 |

> Help!

The problem is that the PictureDatabase example works correctly on my
computer, with a MySQL database: I can add and remove pictures without any
problems, except if the picture is too big (i.e. bigger than than the
greatest allowed request).

I need the version of your MySQL server. A sample code that does not work
would be cool too. Finally, I need that you answer the questions I asked you
about this bug on the bugtracker ticket.

Benoit Minisini