[Gambas-user] Repair upgraded project version (Solved)

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...626...
Sun Oct 21 16:06:13 CEST 2007

2007/10/21, RalfGesellensetter <rgx at ...17...>:

> Am Freitag 19 Oktober 2007 schrieb Fabien Bodard:
> > send me the project... mabe i can do something
>

> Dear Fabien, dear list
>
> In a quite dirty way, I solved my problem
> by upgrading from gambas 1.9.47 to 1.9.51:
>
> 1st I had to download gambas2*9.51*.deb from
> http://apt.linex.org/linex/gambas/stable/
>
> 2nd I ran dpkg -i *.deb
> But this didn't work as expected:

> dpkg: Dependency problems prevent configuration of gambas2-gb-info:
> gambas2-gb-info depends on gambas2-runtime (>= 1.9.49); but:
>   Package gambas2-runtime provided, not yet configured.
> dpkg: Dependency problems prevent configuration of gambas2-runtime:
> gambas2-runtime depends on libc6 (>= 2.3.6-6); but:
>   Version of libc6 on this system is 2.3.2.ds1-22sarge6.
>
> Leaving all as it is lets us use 1.9.51 (unconfigured, but working) -
> and this version is able to open the project saved with 1.9.90!
>
> Below (roughly re-translated) Output of the installation.
> Maybe anybody could tell, why a sarge-Package needs a libc6 that is not
> in Sarge nor in Sarge backports.
>
> Regards

It's quite easy: stable in Debian means etch since some months ago, not
Sarge. So http://apt.linex.org/linex/gambas/stable/ is to be used in Debian
stable= Debian etch.
>From http://gambas.sourceforge.net/download.html:
" Last version of gambas packages for Debian stable (or etch) are always
available using apt-get, adding this line to the /etc/apt/sources.list file"

It's already imposible compile gambas2 in Sarge. If you want to try, there
are packages with Sarge libc6 at
http://apt.linex.org/linex2006/dists/cl/gambas/ because Linex 2006 still has
Sarge as its base, but you'll need backports for many libraries (plopper,
gtk, qt, kde, etc.) to install them in Sarge. Those backports are also
available at the same repository.
Those packages are built for LinEx, and can not assure they'll work on other
Debian derivated distributions. So, for general gambas & Debian users I
can't continue providing gambas packages for Sarge and that's why the text
at http://gambas.sourceforge.net/download.html was changed some months ago.

Best regards.
José L.