[Gambas-user] Q: Online help

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Oct 18 00:46:43 CEST 2007

On mercredi 17 octobre 2007, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> Excuse my ignorance,
>
> but what key needs to be pressed in order to get context help for a
> selected keyword? Pressing F1 takes me to
> /usr/share/gambas2/help/tree/index.html whatever word I mark.
>
> Example: I highlight 'Collection' and want to read about it?
>
> Regards
> Ralf

F2 is the magic key. You don't have to select the symbol. Just put the cursor
in the symbol, and F2 will open the help page on it, or bring you to the
definition of the symbol if it is defined in the project. In the last case,
SHIFT-F2 will bring you back to the initial cursor position.

I know, this is not documented... Maybe I should add an entry in the editor
menu.

Benoit Minisini