[Gambas-user] gambas programming distribution

David Villalobos Cambronero david_villalobos_c at ...43...
Wed Oct 17 14:23:04 CEST 2007

Hi...

As some of you said, I think we should add all (or almost all) the components and its requeriments. I will add Quanta (HTML editor). Some gambas's reports are created in HTML format and some other components use HTML too, so, I think a HTML editor will be usefull

----- Original Message ----
From: p.r. faasse <faasse at ...1252...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:59:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] gambas programming distribution

On Wednesday 17 October 2007 11:41, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On mercredi 17 octobre 2007, gnu.linux at ...18... wrote:
> > hi gambas-friends,
> >
> > i want to know from you if it makes any sense to create a "gambas
> > programming distribution". i thought about a basic small
 distribution
> > based on debian linux with the following programs:
> >
> > - gambas2-suite
> > - xfce
> > - java
> > - firefox
> > - the gimp
> > - archivmanager
> > - calculator
> > - mousepad (texteditor)
> > - (your suggestion)
> >
> > just a programming linux.
> > if someone is interested i can start creating this distro at the
 weekend.

> > best regards,
> > frank.
>
> You should try to put as many gambas & gambas2 components as
 possible, with
> all their libraries they depend on (database clients, SDL, OpenGL,
 curl,
> GTK+, QT...).
>
> And as Daniel asked, why java ? :-)

In the 'chapter' of why... A gambas-programming distro you mention...
 Just as
a suggestion/thought experiment: go 'all the way': jetisson all but
 that
which is needed to program gambas(2)... That would probably result in a
 small
footprint. With a little luck small enough to fit on an USB
 stick/live-like
system. Everything you put on your distro will require attention and
maintenance... If you want to focus upon gambas, i'd respectfully
 suggest
(but no more than suggest..) you indeed do so ;-)

kind regards,

Peter