[Gambas-user] A little thing to play with gambas

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Oct 15 22:19:48 CEST 2007

On lundi 15 octobre 2007, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I've done a little Gambas program that allow to use gambas as a script
> programming language.
>
> I know that it will be better to do it in C but it is just to make a
> mockup...
>
> It add Three new KEYWORDS :
>
> -  USE : is for give used components
> -  CLASS *: is for begin a class content and ended with END CLASS
> -  INCLUDE: Allow to include another script file anywhere in the code (like
> in php)
>
> To use gbs2 you need to compile it in the ide, and copy the executable
> in /usr/local/bin, then make a symbolic link named 'gbs2'
>
> The test then can be launched by the ./test.gbs command
>
> I hope i work ... it's just an early alpha... but i think it's suffisely
> cool to be showed.
>

> Fabien Bodard

Actually you can name your "gambas script" with the *.gambas extension.

After all, they are Gambas code, and they are run as scripts, exactly like the
true Gambas executable. Only one letter change:

"#!/usr/bin/env gbr2" -> "#!/usr/bin/env gbs2"

--
Benoit Minisini