[Gambas-user] couple of things in svn

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Oct 14 21:53:12 CEST 2007

On dimanche 14 octobre 2007, R. Stormo wrote:
> downloaded latest version from svn today and I have a couple of things I
> have noticed.
>
> 1) When I compile my project to executable file I use "get version from
> file" This is what happening.
>
> Project.GetVersion.1770: Unable to get version from:
> /home/rohnny/Prosjekter/faktura/faktura.gambas
>
> The previous file is there.

This is not "get version from file", but "get version for program". The
program is run in a shell and must print on its standard output the a version
string in the usual "X.Y.Z" format.

> 2) Automatic completion have a BUG.
> My database have a field called mva (lower case)
> So I use Uppercase as a variable and called the lowercase (worked before)
>
> PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()
> DIM MVA AS Integer
> DIM r AS result
>
> MVA = r!MVA
> -------^^^^^ This is automatic changed to upper so I will get an error
> because database field are lower.
> END

The automatic completion is not in fault, but the gb.eval component. As a
workaround, you can write instead:

MVA = r["mva"]

Benoit Minisini