[Gambas-user] Gambas 2 Etch installation

Daniel Campos dcamposf at ...626...
Fri Oct 12 18:13:49 CEST 2007

This library seems to be not available in Etch, but I think you should
be able to repack it from Debian SID, as it is compilable even using
Sarge.

1) Download the Debian sources from:

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/libpoppler-dev

(look at the right side of the page: download the dsc, tar.gz and diff.gz files)

2) Install an environment for compiling:

apt-get install gcc cpp g++ debhelper lintian fakeroot devscripts
apt-get install  autotools-dev gnome-pkg-tools libglib2.0-dev
apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev libfontconfig1-dev libqt3-mt-dev
apt-get install libqt4-dev libglade2-dev libcairo2-dev gtk-doc-tools

3) Unpack the sources:

dpkg-source -x the-package-name.dsc

4) Enter in the source folder and recreate the package:

dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

5) Install the created poopler  deb package

Daniel