[Gambas-user] please put gambas1 help somewhere on line.

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Fri Oct 12 12:04:55 CEST 2007

Alle 11:42, venerdì 12 ottobre 2007, Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> On vendredi 12 octobre 2007, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> > Hi, Benoit.
> >
> > When I discovered Gambas the included help helped me a lot.
> > I mean the attached file. Now I see that in Gambas2 there's not
> > something similar (or I miss it). But that kind of help is very useful.
> > Imagine a 13 years old boy/girl that wants to learn Gambas2.
> > So I'm asking to put that help with those easy examples somewhere online,
> > even warning that it refers on Gambas1 and some examples are outdated.
> > But, please believe me, that page (attached) is very very very useful for
> > newbies. Thanks.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Stefano Palmeri
>
> ???
>
> To get the included help, just press F1 in the IDE. That didn't change
> since Gambas 1.
>
> Regards,

Where are these following items in Gambas2 help? In Gambas1 help
they are under How do I..., but I can't find those in Gambas2.
They are very useful.
The Easy Gambas Documentation
 It is still under construction, feel invited to use the edit-buttton :-)

 How to ...
...say "Hello World"?
...get familiar with Gambas?
How does Gambas work?
 Events
 Mouseevents
...use the Button Argument
...use MouseDown, MouseMove and MouseUp
...get the position of the mouse
 Files
... open a file
... load and save files
...save and open files with a dialog
... load and save files with selfdefined datatypes
 ...make a new form from the same class ?
  OOP
Do not fear the OOP
...transport data from one form to the other?
...make an object of a class?
...make more than one object of a class?
...use constructors?
...pass a value?
...use OPTIONAL parameters?
...make a function?
...use local and global variables?
...use PRIVATE and PUBLIC variables?
...use Modules?
 ...make a new form from the same class ?
Ccar.class
 Variables
 Arrays
... make an Array
... make an Array of a selfdefined Datatype
...make a multidimensional Array?
 Collections
... make a Collection
 Converting Variables
... convert Strings to Integer with CInt()
... convert Variables to String with CStr() and Str()
... convert Strings with Val()
 Strings
... catenate strings
... divide a string into single characters
... divide a string into single words
... compare strings with 'LIKE'
...manipulate strings?
...convert strings to integers?
...convert other datatypes to strings?
 Widgets
 Boxes
... make a combobox
... make a listbox
 Buttons
...draw a picture on buttons?
...make radiobuttons?
...organize groups of radiobuttons?
...make checkboxes?
... make a button by code?
 Drawing Areas
...draw some figures?
...draw a transparent picture over a background?
...draw ?
...change the scale of a drawing area ?
...use RGB Colours
 Forms
...open a new Form/Window?
...open a modal Form?
  GridViews
...make a gridview?
 Menus
...make a Menu?
 Messages
...make Messages?
  ProgressBars
...use a ProgressBar?
  TextLabels
...format text in TextLabels?
 Timer
...make a timer?
 Miscellaneous
... start a gambas program with arguments
... execute programs via gambas
...convert my VB projects to Gambas?
...drag and drop ?
...draw a mathematical function ?