[Gambas-user] Re; Developing components ...

Gareth Bult gareth at ...1689...
Tue Oct 2 02:47:06 CEST 2007

>After having copying things into /usr/lib/gambas2 and run gbi2 (as root I
>imagine), what do you mean by "reload Gambas and test" ?

Quit the IDE and restart.

>What do you mean by "I do/do not get the component loaded" ?

Whether the "old" component appears, or the modified component.

>There is a design bug in the IDE at the moment: it caches all component

I restart the IDE "all the time" , it seems not to help ..

>Another point: you can debug your component without having to install it: just
>create a startup form or module in it, and use it for debugging.

If I don't install it, I don't have the graphical element - which is partly the bit I'm debugging ... ???

I've now wiped Gambas from my system, convinced it is in some way corrupt.
Currently I'm trying rebuilds, however the build which seems to work, SEGV's on start up .. trying again ...

Gareth.

Benoit Minisini