[Gambas-user] Re; Developing components ...

Gareth Bult gareth at ...1689...
Mon Oct 1 18:33:01 CEST 2007

Hi,

I just spent the best part of the afternoon trying to track down random;

Cannot open file.
Component missing
FForm . CreateControl .1055

When trying to write and install a new component.

I don't really understand how the module loader works, but there's something really confusing going on somewhere.

I'm working on gb.db.form and I have a copy in a local folder.
After recompiling my component and making an exec, I do;

cp gb.db.form.gambas /usr/lib/gambas2/
cp .component /usr/lib/gambas2/gb.db.form.component
gbi2 gb.db.form

Then reload Gambas and test.
This does *not* reload my new component code! (or at least it doesn't *most* of the time!)

What I've now done is to remove gb.db.form.* from /usr/lib/gambas2 and I've told gambas to install the component in my user's component folder.
Which installs two symlinks into .local/lib/gambas2.

If I do this;
a. Change code
b. Compile
c. Make exec
d. Project -> Properties
e. Unselect gb.db.form
f. Ok
g. Project -> Properties
h. Select gb.db.form
i. OK
.. I do NOT get the new component loaded. (100%)

If I do this;
a. Change code
b. Compile
c. Make exec
d. Project -> Properties
e. Unselect gb.db.form
f. Ok
g. ** Compile All **
h. Project -> Properties
i. Select gb.db.form
j. OK
.. I DO get the new component loaded. (100%)

This is fairly painful (!)

Is there any chance we can have the IDE automatically reload user-components on recompilation ???

Gareth.

--
Managing Director, Encryptec Limited
Tel: 0845 25 77033, Mob: 07891 389657