[Gambas-user] Compatibility to 1.0

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Nov 14 11:00:21 CET 2007

On mercredi 14 novembre 2007, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> is Gambas 2 backward compatible? I didn't find anything about it on the
> website.
>
> When trying to load current 1.0 projects, I only get error messages.
>
> Could someone point me to a description if there is any?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Rolf

Alas Gambas 2 is absolutely not backward compatible with Gambas 1. They are
too many changes - It is almost as if it not the same language.

But the set of differences between the two version is finite, and so it could
be interested to enumerate it for those who need to port their program and
didn't followed the Gambas 2 development closely. Any volunteer?

--
Benoit Minisini