[Gambas-user] No interface showing

Steven Lobbezoo steven at ...1652...
Tue Nov 13 15:09:41 CET 2007

Hi,

In the ongoing search for enlightment conceirning the not showing stratup
screen for gambas2 I got the following :

steven:/home/steven # gambas2&
[1] 7743
steven:/home/steven # dcopserver&
[2] 8183
[1]   Done                    gambas2
steven:/home/steven # dcopserver&
[3] 8191
[2]   Done                    dcopserver
steven:/home/steven # ---------------------------------
It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
that it is not already running, remove /root/.DCOPserver_steven__0
and start dcopserver again.
---------------------------------
[3]+  Done                    dcopserver

As you can see, i started gambas2 as root. Then worked for an hour on my app
and stopped it. Then, after about 20 minutes, i was going to test something
else, so I gave the command dcopserver& in the same shell. And, to my
supprise I got [1] Done gambas2 back immediatly ??????? why I don't know, it
was allready terminated for 20 minutes.

All this must have something to do with accès rights distributed via
dcopserver, because, after above, each time I start an kde application I get
an error message, that I have to check if the dcopserver is running. I donnot
know why, since it's running ! (which was the reason in the first place that
I entered the decopserver& command.

Steven