[Gambas-user] No interface showing

Robert Chéramy robert at ...1786...
Mon Nov 12 14:03:52 CET 2007

Hello Steven,

I'm sorry if this a lame question but just to be sure:
are you able to start "xterm" from the same shell you try to start gambas2 ?

I'm asking this because things working as root but not as a normal user
(even a brand new user) indicates an access right problem (like
/dev/null not writeable for a user). Maybe you have a wrong $DISPLAY set
or something like this.

Please also try to move your /root folder (I assume this is where the
home for user root is on your system) to /root.backup and create a new,
empty /root folder. This is to test if there is a difference between a
brand new root and a brand new user :-)

Cheers,

tibob