[Gambas-user] Quote() doesn't manage special italian chars - bug?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Nov 9 20:11:59 CET 2007

On vendredi 9 novembre 2007, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> Hi, Benoit
>
> Playing with Quote() in a SHELL command I discovered that
> Quote() is not able to manage special italian chars. I don't
> know if the bug(?) exists with other languages.
>
> Here is an example and the result:
>
>  PUBLIC SUB Main()
>
>   PRINT Quote("è, più, però, perché")
>
> END
>
> "\xC3\xA8, pi\xC3\xB9, per\xC3\xB2, perch\xC3\xA9"
>

> Stefano

Actually, if you type

PRINT "\xC3\xA8, pi\xC3\xB9, per\xC3\xB2, perch\xC3\xA9"

you should get the original string.

But apparently there is a bug in the compiler. You have to add a space at the
end of the string. I will fix it as soon as possible.

Benoit Minisini