[Gambas-user] No interface showing

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Nov 8 18:14:38 CET 2007

On jeudi 8 novembre 2007, Steven Lobbezoo wrote:
> Le jeudi 8 novembre 2007 17:53, Benoit Minisini a écrit :

> > > Sorry, in the heat of trying anything to get back up i made some
> > > mistakes. If I do this :
> > > gdb gbr2
> > >
> > > GNU gdb 6.5
> > > Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> > > GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
> > > you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
> > > certain conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
> > > There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for
> > > details. This GDB was configured as "i586-suse-linux"...Using host
> > > libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
> > >
> > > (gdb) run
> > > Starting program: /usr/local/bin/gbr2
> > > Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.
> > > ERROR: #45: File or directory does not exist
> > >
> > > Program exited with code 01.
> > > (gdb) quit
> > >
> > > The result is as above. If I type gambas2, gbr2 starts running, but
> > > nothing shows. So how can I find whats happening ?
> > >
> > > Steven
> >
> > You must run gbx2 (and not gbr2) inside the gambas2 source directory.
> > gbr2 is only used for running *.gambas files.
>
> Did that :
>
> steven at ...1686...:~/trunk/main> gdb gbx2
> GNU gdb 6.5
> GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you
> are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
> conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "i586-suse-linux"...Using host libthread_db
> library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
>
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/local/bin/gbx2
> Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.
> ERROR: #45: File or directory does not exist
>
> Program exited with code 01.
> (gdb) quit
>
> --------------> so still the same result
>
> Steven

When I said 'gambas2', I mean the IDE source code directory. And I said
*gbx2*, not *gbr2*!

gbx2 is an interpreter. It interprets what it founds inside its current
directory (a gambas project normally).

When you type 'gambasé', you actually run 'gambas2.gambas', which is a gambas
project archived in one file.

'gbr2' only runs these archived files. You must use 'gbx2' when running a non
compressed gambas project directory.

Benoit Minisini