[Gambas-user] No interface showing

Steven Lobbezoo steven at ...1652...
Wed Nov 7 13:56:41 CET 2007

Le mercredi 7 novembre 2007 13:48, Laurent Carlier a écrit :
> Le Wednesday 07 November 2007 13:20:06 Steven Lobbezoo, vous avez écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Suddenly I got problems with gambas2 development environment.
> > I think it resulted from a change in clib (that was -automatically update
> > for some securety fixed from suse 10.2) or because i played around with
> > the options, like font, colors etc. from the development interface.
> >
> > So, I deleted, recharged, compiled and installed the trunk this morning.
> >
> > Now, if I start gambas2 as root all is fine. If I start it as
> > user 'steven' -as i use to do before - there is no interface showing.
> > So, I tried to delete the gambas directory from .config in my home
> > directory , same result. so i tried gdb gbi2 and run : no errors.
> > There is no error whatsover, the program starts, and keeps running, but
> > there is no userinterface. If I do gbi2 -v (-p) it list all my modules,
> > all are loaded, no errors.
> >
> > Any idea what I could do ?
> >
> > Steven
>
> Where gambas 2 is installed ?
>
> try 'echo $PATH' as normal user and as root
> try to run gambas 2 from a shell
>
> ++

gambas2 is in /usr/local/bin
Tried that allready. Same effect : runs as 'root' without a problem, does not
show anything as 'steven'. I found out that there is one error if I do
gbi2 it says :
gb.vb
gbi2: ERROR: Cannot write file: /usr/local/share/gambas2/info/gb.vb.info
So, i changed the files in the info directory (chmod 666 *), the error
dissapears, but still the same result : root runs, steven does not ;-)

Steven