[Gambas-user] WAIT waits forever - help needed

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Wed Nov 7 11:15:29 CET 2007

Hi, all. Hi, Benoit.

I made a little utility to convert some audio files
from a format to another (nothing new) for personal use.

In the FMain class there's a function called
StartAudioConversion(). That function calls
UpdateMain() that should refresh the Form before
starting the conversion progress. Here is the problem:

If I put a "WAIT 0.1" after UpdateMain() the Form is refreshed,
but the application *waits* forever, I mean it freezes.

If I don't put the "WAIT 0.1" the Form is refreshed after
the audio conversion process is done.

Any help or explanation will be appreciated.

To test the app you need at least mplayer and
you have to choose a 4Mb file to see the delay
in refreshing.

Gambas 1.9.90

Regards,

Stefano Palmeri