[Gambas-user] Strange drag&drop

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Nov 5 13:18:21 CET 2007

On vendredi 2 novembre 2007, PxPert wrote:
> Argh, I don't like this, but I think this is the only possible solution
> until the (simply, i think) problem will be solved. Anyway I've
> reimplemented the gridview with a new control just to fix problems like
> this, so there's no problem!
>
> Another question: If you've read a part of my program code you'll notice
> the system to control the remote mpd is in a separate control. When I'll
> add all the functions supported by mpd and made it stable I'll make it a
> totally external control... Is there a way to include it in the official
> gambas 1.9x trunk? :D

Of course, but:

* You may be too late for the 2.0.

* You must define precisely and cleanly the interface of your component.

* The name of all exported symbols must be carefully thought.

* I don't know mpd, but you should try to abstract its features if possible. I
mean, try to be not too specific, so that you could reuse the same interface
for accessing another software similar to mpd.

> P.S. Congratulations for the IDE, gambas is a really powerful language and
> I hope it will be famous like other interpreted languages like perl and
> python if not more!

I hope so, thanks.

> Regards, PxPert

Benoit Minisini