[Gambas-user] Printing

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Thu May 31 23:15:58 CEST 2007

2007/5/31, Steven Lobbezoo <steven at ...1652...>:

> Hi Fabien,
>
> I've been looking into the printing problem.
> Remember, I'm waiting for the possibility to do a page-switch per program
> control.
>
> Actually, this is not to difficult. I 'm just printing my single pages as
> complete print-output, and use my own page numbering.
>
> But, ..... looking into the whole problem of printing - specially the
> disign
> phase, I must say: that's REALLY COMPLICATED. As long as it's you doing
> the
> work alone, we should not even hope for a 'quality' solution soon. Of
> course,
> nothing against your capabilities ;-) , but I think the work is just to
> much
> for one person to do.

Yes it's difficult and the first goal is not to make a very powerfull tool
in a first step.

The switch is not done ... i know that but i've less time in this last days.

I think you will not be able at term to do program page switching... a
gambas report is a static desingned system... but i will explain to you how
to do that.

Take a look at  the Jasper reports engine! It really is complicated, works