[Gambas-user] Best desktop manager to run Gambas

Jose J. Rodriguez joe1962 at ...626...
Tue May 15 19:33:36 CEST 2007

On 5/15/07, Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> On mardi 15 mai 2007, Leonardo Miliani wrote:
> > Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> > > Gambas does not use screen resolution to scale its form, because its aim
> > > is not having the same absolute form size between screen resolution, but
> > > following what the user needs to see: Users having difficulties to see
> > > and/or read usually use a higher font size. So Gambas uses the absolute
> > > desktop default font height and not the screen resolution to scale its
> > > forms. It uses that as sort of zoom factor.
> >
> > Yes, I know.
> > But I think it would be better is there could be a kind of aspect ratio
> > lock, so if I choose to draw a 400x400 pixels form with a label of font
> > size set to 10, every user that uses my program would see the same things.
>
> In the last revisions, you can specify that a form should not be scaled
> according to the desktop default font, by using the "(Scaled)" property in
> the IDE property sheet.

Wow! That's great, I've really needed this. So the form can keep the
same number of pixels Horiz and Vert between resolutions now?

BTW, don't think I've mentioned this before and this seems like as
good a time as any: I package Gambas and Gambas2 for my distro,
VectorLinux (yes, I know, I don't follow the multi-package rules, but
that's the Slackware way, lol). There are up to date gambas, gambas2
and both runtimes in the repository. Also, since a while back, VL
includes gambas-runtime-1.0.x as a base library and several stock VL
utilities are "made in Gambas". There is also on-going work on a new
gui installer done in Gambas2. Anyway, the point is, VL is probably a
good distro to do some Gambas coding on... ;)

Regards,
Joe1962