[Gambas-user] How to compile & install Gambas on a specific distribution

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Sat May 12 16:34:48 CEST 2007

Leonardo Miliani ha scritto:
> Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have created new pages on the wiki (http://gambasdoc.org/help/install),
>> where anybody will be able to explain how to compile & install Gambas on its
>> own Linux distribution.
>>
>> These pages can be used too for distribution specific notes.
>>
>> I took the explanation of Gareth Bult for Ubuntu 7.04 and put it there. I
>> created a page for Mandriva too, but it is void at the moment. I will fill it
>> if I have time.
>>
>> Feel free to create the pages for your own distribution. Users having problem
>> to install Gambas will thank you for the whole eternity for your help.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> In my looong way to find a new a more specific Linux distro for my needs
> Im' trying in these days Ubuntu 7.04 on my laptop.
> As ever, I try to see if Gambas IDE can run on every distro I try.
> With Ubuntu I get this error both when I launch it by console or when I
> launch a program by Gambas IDE:
>
> ---------------------------
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
>   Major Opcode:  145
>   Minor Opcode:  3
>   Resource ID:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
>   Major Opcode:  145
>   Minor Opcode:  3
>   Resource ID:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> ----------------------------
>
> I get this message several times..
> Does someone has an idea about it?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> P.S.:
> my laptop is based on Intel Centrino with Pentium M 1.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM,
> integrated graphic chip i915, and Ubuntu 7.04 uses Gnome 2.18.

Solved :-)
I post the solution for those who have Ubuntu like me and get that error
opening GUI applications fron console.
You must edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (as root) and comment (put the
'#' at the beginning) all the lines of all the sections regarding the
"wacom" device".
You can try to follow this guide (it's in italian but you can translate
it using Google or similars :-)):
http://www.debianitalia.org/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=129

--
Ciao.
Leo.

Web: www.leonardomiliani.com
E-mail: leonardo at ...1237...
Scegli software opensource - Choose opensource software