[Gambas-user] How to compile & install Gambas on a specific distribution

Christopher cperrin88 at ...467...
Sat May 12 16:15:11 CEST 2007

Leonardo Miliani schrieb:
> Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
>

> In my looong way to find a new a more specific Linux distro for my needs
> Im' trying in these days Ubuntu 7.04 on my laptop.
> As ever, I try to see if Gambas IDE can run on every distro I try.
> With Ubuntu I get this error both when I launch it by console or when I
> launch a program by Gambas IDE:
>
> ---------------------------
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
>   Major Opcode:  145
>   Minor Opcode:  3
>   Resource ID:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
>   Major Opcode:  145
>   Minor Opcode:  3
>   Resource ID:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> ----------------------------
>
> I get this message several times..
> Does someone has an idea about it?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> P.S.:
> my laptop is based on Intel Centrino with Pentium M 1.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM,
> integrated graphic chip i915, and Ubuntu 7.04 uses Gnome 2.18.

I know that error. It's because Ubuntu always installs functions for a
Wacom tablet. You have to comment out (place # in front of those lines)
the lines that mention anything "wacom" related in your xorg.conf. Don't
forget the Endsection etc..