[Gambas-user] How to compile & install Gambas on a specific distribution

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Sat May 12 16:01:31 CEST 2007

Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have created new pages on the wiki (http://gambasdoc.org/help/install),
> where anybody will be able to explain how to compile & install Gambas on its
> own Linux distribution.
>
> These pages can be used too for distribution specific notes.
>
> I took the explanation of Gareth Bult for Ubuntu 7.04 and put it there. I
> created a page for Mandriva too, but it is void at the moment. I will fill it
> if I have time.
>
> Feel free to create the pages for your own distribution. Users having problem
> to install Gambas will thank you for the whole eternity for your help.
>
> Regards,

In my looong way to find a new a more specific Linux distro for my needs
Im' trying in these days Ubuntu 7.04 on my laptop.
As ever, I try to see if Gambas IDE can run on every distro I try.
With Ubuntu I get this error both when I launch it by console or when I
launch a program by Gambas IDE:

---------------------------
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
  Major Opcode:  145
  Minor Opcode:  3
  Resource ID:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
  Major Opcode:  145
  Minor Opcode:  3
  Resource ID:  0x0
Failed to open device
----------------------------

I get this message several times..
Does someone has an idea about it?
Thanks in advance.

P.S.:
my laptop is based on Intel Centrino with Pentium M 1.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM,
integrated graphic chip i915, and Ubuntu 7.04 uses Gnome 2.18.

--
Ciao.
Leo.

Web: www.leonardomiliani.com
E-mail: leonardo at ...1237...
Scegli software opensource - Choose opensource software