[Gambas-user] Images

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun May 6 19:30:46 CEST 2007

On dimanche 6 mai 2007, Werner wrote:
> Laurent Carlier wrote:
> > On Sunday 06 May 2007 17:05:02 Werner wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> trying to achieve a few Hypercard-style visual effects I had a closer
> >> look at the Image class and noticed quite a few methods that sound very
> >> interesting and seem to be in Gambas 1.4.8 (?)  but not in the docs.
> >> Examples: Blur, Charcoal, Desaturate, Despeckle, Implode, Intensity,
> >> Oilpaint, Solarize, Wave.
> >>
> >> Are they implemented?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Werner Dahn
> >
> > You must take a look at the gb.image component.
> >
> > http://64.128.110.55/help/comp/gb.image
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Thanks. The documentation stubs are there but no content. It is
> difficult for me to figure out how this works.
> Even using the typing hints in the IDE didn't tell me much. Is this a
> Gambas invention or is closely related to some other package that I
> could look up?
>
> Regards
> Werner

This component is based on image manipulation routines of the KDE libraries
that come from the ImageMagick library.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ImageMagick

I often don't know what is the effect of all routines and their arguments, but
there is a documentation on the ImageMagick web site. But I didn't have the
time to fully read it and document the component on the wiki.

Benoit Minisini