[Gambas-user] Database Date fields

Steven Lobbezoo steven at ...1652...
Sat Mar 31 20:49:52 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I have some date type fields in an MySQL database table.
If I Update the directly (with db.exec) I can write them directly from a text
control in a form. As long as the format entered is somewhat like date it's
acceptable (12/2/2007 or 2.3.07 or ... whatever).

Now, I started using gambas db.edit method, with db.update.
Date fields are not accepted anymore.
Whatever I do, gambas says : expected date, got string instead!

Is this a bug, or what do I do with my textfield to convert it to an
acceptable date (I did nout find any functions to do that , of course it's
possible to write such a function, but why re-inventing the wheel ?)

Steven