[Gambas-user] EVENT Transparency?

Steven Lobbezoo steven at ...1652...
Tue Mar 20 23:08:20 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm STILL messing around with blobs and images.
It's working allright, but ....
I think it's rediculous that i have to do it like this :

1. Read BLOB from MYSQL
2. Write it as a STRING to a file
3. Make a new picture
4. Read the file into this picture
5. Transfer the picture into a picturebox.

or

1. Read a fileinto a string
2. Write the string into a blob field

TO read blobs, why cannot I just read the blobdata into the string, and then
move it somehow directly into the picture control ???
Whats more : I want to have thumbnails in a column of a grid control.
Do I have to generate a picture on top of the line/column pair with the thumb
in it, or is there a way to write either the picturecontrol, or the picture
directly into the cells.

Any ideas on this ?
Steven