[Gambas-user] Passing Pointers

Vince Scott (SBC) vince.scott at ...770...
Fri Mar 16 13:29:33 CET 2007

I have an Extern 'C' method that I am calling from a shared library that I
have created. I need to pass in a char* and I am having issues figuring out
how to do this successfully. I figured out that if I initial the String that
I am passing from Gambas by using the Space method (kind of like you do in
Visual Basic when you pass a string to a 'C' method) that I can pass a
String and have it return a value. BUT this is limiting. What I need to do
is pass in a string and have the 'C' method allocate the memory space. Has
anyone done this or have any ideas how this can be accomplished?

Thanks,

Vince Scott