[Gambas-user] Images / Pictures and DB's

Steven Lobbezoo steven at ...1652...
Thu Mar 8 15:04:07 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm just starting up using gambas.
It seems to be a freat solution for RAD, but ......
the problems are allways in the details.
I have a few questions :

1. Is it really obligatory to save a blob i get from the MySQL database
as a file first, and then read it into some unit (a flield in a
gridview in this case). If I just assign them, gambas says: expected a
picture, got a blob instead !. I try to do this :
 GridView1.data.Picture = .rs1[arrtable[Column]]
Seems very combersume and slow.
2. Why cannot I use the data-aware controles from Qt, and just set their
properties to table so and so ...., would be much easyer.
3. Is there a way I can use Ajunta or Qt designer to make my windows, and than
use their output in Gambas ?

Thanks in advance,
Steven